This luscious and healthy pasta dish is exceptionally easy to make.
There is no need to cook the pasta separately because everything is
cooked together in one pot.
- 3 tbsp Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini - halved length ways and cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 ½ cups boiling water
- 420 g canned tomatoes - chopped
- 2 tbsp Morgenster Black Olive Paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 240 g short pasta - like penne, spirals, shells or macaroni
- 180 g good quality canned tuna in olive oil, drained and broken into chunks
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese for serving
How to prepare:
Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large pot.
Cook the onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, black olive paste, oregano, salt, pepper and pasta and bring to the boil.
Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once to prevent the pasta sticking.
Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, tuna and parsley and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Supplied by The Ooh! Box / www.mediterrasian.com
Click here to download the recipe in pdf format.