What you will need:1 lemon, halved.4 globe artichokes.2 tablespoons of Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil.1 brown onion, finely chopped.1 carrot, finely chopped.1 celery stick, finely chopped.2 garlic cloves, crushed.1 cup chicken stock.½ cup NU Sauvignon Blanc 2015400g can of Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained.1 cup breadcrumbs.1 tablespoon chopped thyme.Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve.
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Squeeze 1 lemon half into a large bowl of cold water. Remove artichoke stems. Cut 3cm from the top of 1 artichoke. Rub cut sides with remaining lemon half. Peel and discard 2 layers of outer petals, exposing pale petals. Use a teaspoon to scoop out and discard furry choke from the centre. Place in the lemon water. Repeat with the remaining artichokes.
2. Place artichokes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15min or until tender. Drain well.
3. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic, stirring, until onion softens, about 5min.
4. Spoon half the beans into the base of a 2l dish. Top with the artichokes and fill with remaining beans.
5. Combine the breadcrumbs, thyme and remaining oil in a small bowl. Season. Sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake for 20 min or until golden brown and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Click here to download the recipe in pdf format.