What you will need:
• 1 cup rye flour (or substitute rice flour or all-purpose flour)
• ¾ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 tablespoons organic honey
• 3½ tablespoons Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons organic dried cranberries, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
How to prepare:
1. Add the flour, baking powder, applesauce, honey, and olive oil to a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about half an inch thick. Cut treats with a cookie cutter and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Firmly press a few pieces of chopped cranberries and pumpkin seeds into the top of each cookie.
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until treats are firm to the touch.
6. Turn off oven and open oven door. Allow cookies to cool in oven, about 20-30 minutes.
7. Storage: cookies will keep for several days when stored in a covered airtight container in a cool, dry, shaded location. Cookies may also be frozen: separate treats with parchment paper and store in an airtight covered container.
Click here to download the recipe in pdf format.