What you will need:
• 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded ½ inch thick
• salt and pepper to season chicken
• 2 tablespoons Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
• ⅓ cup Morgenster Balsamic Vinegar
• ¾ cup chicken broth
• 1 Bay leaf
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
How to prepare:
1. Season the raw chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. When skillet and oil are hot, place the chicken in the skillet evenly. Cook the chicken on one side for 5 minutes until browned, flip the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add the garlic and the mushrooms into the pan and stir to combine. Work the mushrooms under the chicken, so the chicken is sitting on top of the mushrooms. Cook this for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add in the vinegar, broth, Bay leaf and thyme.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Then uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly.
5. Lastly add in the butter and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.