What you will need:
5 pounds red potatoes
1 cup Nola Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup pitted Morgenster Kalamata Olives
2 teaspoons large grain sea salt
1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
Fresh dill sprigs
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
How to prepare:
1. Wash the potatoes well, scrubbing the skins to remove any soil.
2. In a large pot of water, boil the potatoes on high heat until soft but not mushy. Potatoes are done when a fork slides easily into the centre of the potato without breaking it apart.
3. Pour the potatoes into a colander and drain. If you wish to remove the skins, run a small stream of cold water over the potatoes and easily rub the skin off using your thumbs and fingers. Rich prefers I leave the skins on. This gives the dish a nutrient boost and enhances the hearty, country-style vibe.
4. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the Mayonnaise , Dijon and olive oil.
5. Add the warm potatoes. Using a knife, cut the potatoes crosswise and lengthwise into roughly 1/2" pieces. Do this quickly; don’t sweat precision. Keep cutting in all directions until all the potato slices are approximately 1/2" in size.
6. Using a large spoon, start turning the potatoes into the dressing at the bottom of the bowl. Continue until the mixture is well incorporated.
7. Add the two teaspoons of sea salt and mix again. Now add the olives and the fresh dill. Turn over again until well combined. Adjust salt to taste.
8. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs, Kalamata olives and sunflower seeds and serve!
Click here to download the recipe in pdf format.