Ageing Our Wines
Morgenster Lourens River Valley
Nu Series 1
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Enhanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White Truffle Enhanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
« go back
Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese, Cranberries & Balsamic Glaze
What you will need:
2 sweet potatoes, large
5 oz goat cheese
⅓ c candied walnuts or pecans
⅓ c cranberries , dried
2 tbsp balsamic reduction
1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
½ tsp paprika, sweet
Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil
+ more as needed
1 tbsp blood orange olive oil
3 tbsp wild honey
Zest from 1 lemon
15 basil leaves, small, for garnish
How to prepare:
1. Preheat your oven to 500”F
2. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, sea salt and paprika.
3. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick rounds.
4. Take each sweet potato round and coat it in the olive oil mixture all over. Place them on a large baking tray without touching each other.
5. Bake the sweet potato rounds for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Transfer to a serving tray and top with the goat cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberries. Spoon a little bit of wild honey on top of each potato round and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
7. Just before serving finish with a light drizzle of orange infused olive oil, the balsamic glaze and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
to download the recipe in pdf format.
P.O. Box 1616, Somerset West, 7129, South Africa
Map & Directions to Morgenster Wine & Olive Estate