Ageing Our Wines
Morgenster Lourens River Valley
Nu Series 1
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Enhanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White Truffle Enhanced Extra Virgin Olive Oil
« go back
Spiral Vegetable Ricotta Pie
What you will need:
9-inch round baking pan
1-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt + more for sprinkling
1/4 teaspoon pepper + more for sprinkling
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 (9-inch) store bought round puff pastry dough
2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
3 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
Morgenster Extra Virgin olive oil
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, half of the Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Place the puff pastry on a greased 9-inch baking pan then prick it with a fork.
4. Pour the ricotta mixture on the dough.
5. Make sure that the vegetable slices are of similar height before starting to put them in the pie.
6. Starting from the outer edge, line the pie with the vegetables, one kind per line. Alternate with the other vegetables until you reach the central part.
7. Once the pie is filled up, drizzle or brush the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and the remaining Parmesan.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour in the middle rack. If you see that the pie is already brown before 1 hour, take it out of the oven, cover it with an aluminium foil and finish cooking it until the hour ends.
to download the recipe in pdf forma
P.O. Box 1616, Somerset West, 7129, South Africa
Map & Directions to Morgenster Wine & Olive Estate