Recipe from Leanne Roberts, Executive Chef of Fine Dining Catering Co.
• 1 x small onion, finely chopped
• A few sprigs of fresh thyme, finely chopped
• 20 g butter
• 1 x 20 g packet dried porcini (cèp) mushrooms
• 250 ml old brown sherry
• 500 ml cream
• 20 ml beef demi-glace (reduced beef stock)
• 20 ml Morgenster white truffle enhanced extra virgin olive oil
• Freshly ground salt & black pepper to taste
Sweat together the onions and thyme with the butter in a medium saucepan.
Add the dried porcini mushrooms along with the sherry and reduce right down until there is almost no liquid left in the pan.
Add the cream and reduce down by half.
Add the demi-glace and bring to a simmer again.
Add the Morgenster white truffle enhanced olive oil and blend with a stick blender to emulsify.
Season with freshly ground salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve with pan-grilled beef fillet and pan-fried fresh wild mushrooms.
Enjoy with Morgenster Morgenster NU Series 1 Cabernet Franc.
Or, to serve with chicken or fresh tagliatelle, replace the beef stock with chicken stock in the recipe and enjoy with Morgenster Italian Collection Tosca.