1-1½ pounds white cod filets3 oranges1 lemon½ cup Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive oil dividedFresh basil2 tablespoons unsalted butter1 teaspoon light brown sugarSalt and black pepper
1. Lay the cod filets in a shallow pan or baking dish.
2. Zest 1 orange and 1 lemon and add zest to the fish.
3. Squeeze the juice from the orange and lemon you just tested and add to ¼ cup of the Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive oil.
4. Whisk together and pour over the fish. Cover and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
6. In a large oven safe saute pan heat the remaining ¼ cup olive oil until hot.
7. Carefully shake the excess marinade from the fish saving it and drop the fish into the pan.
8. Cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes and then flip and repeat on the other side.
9. Season the fish with some salt and black pepper.
10. Place the fish into the oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
11. In another smaller pan, melt the butter and add the sugar and remaining leftover marinade from the fish.
12. Add the juice of the remaining two oranges to the pan.
13. Bring to a boil whisking regularly until the sauce has thickened slightly and reduced.
14. Add about ¼ cup of finely shredded basil leaves to the sauce.
15. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
16. Bring the fish from the oven and pour the thickened sauce over it.
17. Add more basil if desired and serve over rice or quinoa.
Click here to download recipe in pdf format.