Salad Shirazi by Scott Shepherd, Executive Chef at La Petite Dauphine in Franschhoek.
• 4 vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 6 radishes, cut into small wedges
• 1/2 cucumber - peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (lengthways)
• 3 shallots, finely sliced
• 2 tbsp of flat-leaf parsley, shredded
• 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon
• 2 sprigs of dill, chopped
• handfuls of mixed salad leaves
• 1/4 tsp mint, dried
• sea salt
• black pepper
• juice of 1 lime
• 2 tbsp of Morgenster lemon infused olive oil
To make the salad, combine the vegetables, mixed salad leaves and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the lime juice and oil together and drizzle over the salad.
To serve, toss the salad together gently and season with sea salt and black pepper.