What you will need:
• 1 baguette, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup Morgenster extra virgin olive oil, divided
• ½ cup Morgenster Balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• ¼ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place baguette slices onto prepared baking sheet.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes; set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture, garnished with basil.
Serve immediately, drizzled with balsamic reduction.
to read the recipe in pdf format