Morgenster Wine & Olive Estate in Somerset West, 35 minutes from Cape Town, is at the gateway to the Western Cape wine-growing region. It is a thriving olive and wine farm dating back to 1711, producing internationally acclaimed Bordeaux-style wines and extra virgin olive oil of astounding quality.
Visitors to the Estate's stylish Revel Fox designed tasting room,which is set against the Schaapenberg and overlooks a reed lined dam and the Helderberg, can enjoy a wine tasting experience unique in South Africa. The Estate's philosophy is to release its red Bordeaux style blends only when they have developed and aged to potential and the cellar therefore houses highly awarded earlier vintages under its Morgenster and Lourens River Valley labels. Visitors can also enjoy Giulio Bertrand's three Italian Collection wines from his small sangiovese and nebbiolo vineyards and be guided through an olive oil tasting of intriguing complexity.
- R40 per person – five olive oils, balsamic vinegar, olive pastes and olives
- Olive Oil and wine: R75 per person
• Bordeaux: R50 per person - five Bordeaux-style wines from the winemaker’s monthly selection
• Nu Series 1: R35 per person - five single cultivar wines
• Italian: R40 per person - three wines, Caruso, Tosca and Nabucco, from the Italian Collection
• Italian Collection wine and chocolate: R65 per person - Caruso, Tosca and Nabucco, paired with four handmade chocolates
Monday - Sunday and Public Holidays: 10h00 - 17h00
Closed: Good Friday and 25 December
Morgenster Wine & Olive Estate
Vergelegen Avenue (off Lourensford Rd)
Latitude -34° 5' 2.3238" Longitude 18° 53' 7.2378"
From Cape Town to Morgenster Estate
Take N2 from Cape Town past Cape Town National Airport.
At Exit 43 take off-ramp to Somerset West.
At top of ramp turn left to Somerset West.
Approximately 1km later, take right turn at traffic lights to Somerset West (Lord Charles Hotel Tulip is on your left).
At fourth set of traffic lights (approx. 1.5km), take left turn into Lourensford Road.
Proceed approx. 3.5km along Lourensford Road and turn right into Vergelegen Avenue, over the bridge and then turn right into Morgenster Estate between the white pillars.
Follow the brick road to the Tasting venue at the winery.
GPS Coordinates and Map
Latitude:-34.08394000 Longitude: 18.88501000